About the Role:
We are looking for a Maintenance/Mechanic Technician to work our morning shift Monday to Friday (5:30am – 2:00 pm) or our afternoon shift, Monday to Friday (2pm to 10:30pm) and is responsible for routine and emergency maintenance. This is a position requiring mechanical aptitude and experience with repairs and maintenance of production and highspeed packaging equipment. Some participation in production and machine operating tasks is required.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment, structures and grounds on the property.
- Some weekend work is required from time to time in order to work while production lines are not operating.
- Perform mechanic tasks including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, trouble shooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned work area at all times.
- Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Participate in educational and training opportunities applicable to the position.
- Other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Previous food or other relevant production mechanical experience is an asset.
- Mechanical trade skills are essential with a strong mechanical, hands-on mindset.
- Supply and use own hand tools and basic power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg and have no physical limitations that would prevent working in, around, under and above machinery. The ability to climb stairs several times throughout the shift and work on ladders occasionally is essential.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and team player.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills; must speak, read and write English.
- Highly flexible, with good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Perks & Benefits of working at Nutri-Nation
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits Program
- Opportunity to participate in a Profit-Sharing program
- Referral bonuses
- Eligible for training and development opportunities
- Product giveaways
- Team building events including company BBQs and pizza lunches
If this matches your skills and experience and you are excited to join a great Nutri-Nation Team, please submit a resume and cover letter and tell us why you think this job would be a good fit for you. We thank everyone who applies, but regret that we will only be able to reply to those we wish to call for an interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2M8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person