We are fortunate to share a unique environment here at Nutri-Nation with a dedicated, highly skilled workforce that has a proven foundation built on mutual respect. We have always valued our employees as our most important resource. Our team is dynamic and enthusiastic, and we know you will enjoy growing with us.
Nutri-Nation Functional Foods is part of a private, family-owned, and operated manufacturing and marketing group which began in 1971 and continues today in the hands of the founders. First and second-generation family members hold key hands-on management positions with the company. The focus on quality, service and commitment to our customer partners’ needs is never left to chance.
About the Role:
Under broad supervision of the Director of Business Development, the Supply Chain Manager works closely with all levels of management and employees with the responsibility for supply chain planning including inventory optimization, supplier relations, demand planning, purchasing strategies and logistic efficiencies. This role requires an experienced leader with strong planning and analytical skills who can provide coaching and development to a team. This position will be responsible for procurement, logistics, demand planning, and supply chain management services to our Nutri-Nation operation.
In addition to creating and maintaining a high-performance environment and ensuring that all work performed adheres to organizational standards within our core values, the Supply Chain Manager will also:
- Lead and direct the Supply Chain Department for sourcing raw material, new and/or replacement material, forecasting, procurement, distribution and planning.
- Using data analysis, business intelligence, forecasting and reporting tools to optimize stock levels and forecast supply needs.
- Develop Supply Chain Management strategies and build the processes to ensure the organization’s readiness to meet company objectives and Supply Chain Management supporting structures.
- Ensure timely flow of product supply from supplier to customer in order to meet sales demand and avoid any product shortage while ensuring the cost effectiveness of Logistics and Operations.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers to optimize costs and provide optimal lead times.
- Setting up and maintaining qualified suppliers, supplier agreements and required documentation in the ERP system as well as Quality Management System, along with proper costing of components in the item master.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure effective scheduling and optimal product availability, collaborating with Business Development to resolve any supply, price, or other issues, particularly during a product launch period (e.g., testing, production schedules).
- Designing, developing and continuously improving processes that support company operations and ensuring compliance with industry GMP, company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for training and developing staff, including goal setting and creating and monitoring performance through KPIs.
- Partnering with the Finance Department to support annual budget development, management and tracking for the areas of inventory management and inbound logistics.
- Implement and maintain SOP process and responsible for enhancing and executing SOP process.
- Developing and implementing the processes to align forecasts with production and distribution capabilities through synchronizing with Business Development, Product Development, Production, Logistics and Finance.
- Overseeing all Supply Chain Management related master data and managing all material master data and related change control processes in a compliant manner.
- Developing inbound logistic effectiveness to minimize risk by identifying and mitigating constraints in the material flow.
- Ensure management information systems (ERP) has established system controls to manage supplier stock (min/max); ERP procure to pay -> RQF -> award -> blanket order -> shipment orders to meet production scheduling, safety stock and optimize cash-flow and material flow.
- Proactively communicate to the appropriate stakeholders to manage product availability using mitigation strategies to eliminate outages.
- Ensuring efficient planning of all inbound receipts including but not limited to raw materials.
- Complying with applicable internal SOPs, industry requirements, and standards within a GMP operation.
- Ensuring all export, import, and local shipments are completed as per business requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for reconciliation of inbound receipts with on hand inventories.
Product – Production and Procurement
- Working with Finance and Quality departments to establish a purchase approval matrix for efficient use and auditing for compliance.
- Contract Planning – proactively managing the purchase order cycle from contract to product inbound receipt.
- Responsible for inventory level optimization by balancing demand forecasts and inbound receipts with production objectives.
- Integrating bar-code system for simple real-time tracking of inventory.
- Owning the maintenance and utilization of the replenishment tool, including scheduling meetings with stakeholders to review sales demand and product purchasing forecasts and to alert relevant colleagues related to trends and supply shortage risks.
- Manage the end-to-end Master Requirements Plan based on current and expected demand for all product requirements.
- Providing insight and championing issues related to cost effective product sourcing and the development of related packaging and shipping materials.
- Provide purchasing leadership and direction for the Purchasing Department.
- Working with Quality Manager to properly document product certification and supplier performance.
- Lead the coordination and execution of physical inventory counts.
- Negotiate and review contracts, identify suppliers, and perform annual supplier reviews, as needed, and solicit and promote cost reduction proposals from suppliers.
- Monitoring and understanding commodities management.
- Participating in production scheduling meetings.
- Supporting the QA Department with quality concerns related to product or packaging.
- Other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Relevant Industry Certifications (CPP, CPM, APICS, etc.) in a related field
- 4 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing facility, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Comprehensive experience with Vendor agreements
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Solid purchasing principles
- Abilities to optimize inventory levels, warehousing space/cost with supply and demand
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics
- Extensive experience in negotiations and fluent in negotiation principles
- ERP system implementation experience (Oracle NetSuite an asset)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite or related software
- Able to work full-time from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, 40 hours per week. This role is an in-office position in Port Coquitlam, BC
Perks and Benefits
Nutri-Nation is a growing company that works hard to keep an employee-supported family environment. We believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture, while aligning to our vision and values. We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what the do.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes the following:
- $75,000 – $90,000 per year, based on experience and knowledge, and paid time off
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits Plan
- Opportunity to participate in a Profit-Sharing Program
- Eligible for professional development and training financial support
- Free product giveaways to the team
- Many company BBQs and team building events throughout the year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com